In 2020, we heard used quote often the word “mindful,” which is an adjective of “mindfulness,” which means being conscious or aware of something. This can be applied to many different aspects of our lives but I personally think it should be considered when we think of eating and how we eat.
When we eat, it should not be done unconsciously or without consideration of our bodies and health. Eating should be a pleasure, and one should be completely present when eating to enjoy the food. Slowing down during our meals can make such a difference to our gut health and actually reduce stress levels. When we eat fast, it can lead to gas and indigestion. It is also more difficult for our system to process food when intake is done quickly.
I am a firm believer of nurturing not only the outer skin, but also our inner self and organs. What happens on the inside reflects on our outside, and eating a healthy clean diet is important. Just as I believe that a good skin care regimen is important for our outer self, I also believe firmly in eating a range of good-quality, skin-friendly foods. Reach for foods that are seasonal and organically produced when possible. Clean eating provides the skin with a healthy glow.
Tips For Mindful Eating
- Be conscious of what you are eating.
- Eat slowly and pay attention to when you are full. It takes 15 minutes for your brain to register that you are full.
- Sit down when you eat and do NOT eat while driving.
- Be conscious of the act of eating.
- Limit portion sizes; don’t ask for the large or extra-large portion. Portion control is important to our health and healthy weight.
- Avoid diets that are stressful and unrealistic.
- Chew each morsel 20 to 30 times before swallowing, as it aids in good digestion.
- Don’t eat while talking on the phone.
- Enjoy food with family and friends.
- Always make sure you are hydrated when you eat. It helps with digestion
2021 is going to be a great year, and health should be a priority for all of us. If you are interested in learning more about my uncomplicated and simple approach to beautiful skin, then please contact me @skynbaratlanta or email@example.com